Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Patricia's Megacon Experience 2015

Hey guys, Patricia here. I recently got back from Orlando to partake in another convention called Megacon. Believe it or not, Megacon was the very first convention I've ever been on. 8 years ago back in 2007 when I was a junior in college, I went there to participate in a WiLLvolution tournament playing Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for the Nintendo Gamecube. Then I went back a year later in 2008 with an anime club that I joined for a short time before my parents forced me to leave due to thinking it was "too weird". Since then, I never went back and didn't participate in any conventions until 2013 going to Florida Supercon. Going back to Megacon again after all these years, I've noticed a huge change such as the expanded building, the huge amount of people, and the different costumes that they wore compared to almost a decade ago. While a ton of people are wearing the typical anime and video game character costumes, I saw a ton of Marvel, DC, and Doctor Who cosplayers. Pretty cool if you ask me. With that out of the way, here are the people that I met at the con.

Grey Delisle Griffin



Grey Delisle Griffin is a voice actor well known for characters such as Daphne from Scooby-Doo, Frankie from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Vicky from The Fairly OddParents, Sam from Danny Phantom, and Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender. She was a really sweet person as I told her of being a huge fan of her work. I also got her autograph of Azula.



Jess Harnell



Jess is a rock star singer and voice actor known for characters such as Wakko from Animaniacs, Captain Hero from Drawn Together, Ironhide from the Transformers movies, Joe Tabootie from ChalkZone, the voice over for America's Funniest Home Videos, and the co-founder and singer for the rock band Rock Sugar. Here's my ChalkZone Double Dozen CD autographed by him.



Tress MacNeille



Tress MacNeille is a voice actress known for characters such as the cat lady from The Simpsons, Mom from Futurama, Babs Bunny from Tiny Toon Adventures, Dot from Animaniacs, Grandma from Hey Arnold!, and Hama from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Here's my Hey Arnold complete series DVD autographed by her.



Rob Paulsen



Rob Paulsen is one of my all time voice actors as some of you may remember from my top 10 Nickelodeon male role models. He has voiced numerous characters such as Raphael from the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Donatello from the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Yakko, Pinky, and Dr. Scratchnsniff from Animaniacs, Carl Wheezer from Jimmy Neutron, and the host of a podcast called Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulsen. Here's my autograph of the Talkin' Toons logo.



The final autograph I gotten at Megacon are from Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille, and Jess Harnell as the characters Yakko, Wakko, and Dot from Animaniacs, one of my favorite animated shows of all time and one of my major influences.



Other highlights including hanging out in the game room playing the new Super Smash Bros. for the WiiU, Mario Kart 8, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Halo 4, and seeing the huge Lego city featuring trains, buildings, and more. I don't think I'll be going back to Megacon anytime soon since it took over 4 hours of a drive and it was very draining. However, there might be a chance of going to Florida Supercon again, who knows.

That's all for now. Hope to see you around Old School Lane soon.

-Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment